Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Because I'm Worth It!


Ok.  My very first blog….ExCiTiNg!!!!! 
When trying to decide what I want to write about first, I am confronted right away with the first lie I want to KILL.  I don’t know if you’ve noticed, and I hope you haven’t, but I don’t have a picture for my profile page for the “About Me” part of this blog.  I don’t have many pictures of myself and I know I’m not the only one.
When I used to work at the women’s fitness facility, we would assign a login tag for every new client , and on their first workout we would ask to take their picture so that their login page wouldn’t look like….well…. wouldn’t look like how my profile page looks like now!  Without exception, each woman would balk.  They’d say things like, “Oh! Not today, I look horrible!” or “No, I’m too fat” or “No, it’s ok, I don’t want to look at myself every time I log in”, “My hair’s awful”, “I’m so ugly without my make-up on”…..on and on.  They’d say things about themselves that they would NEVER, EVER say to or about anyone else.  We can be so cruel to ourselves!  I’m not going to say I don’t understand it, because I catch myself doing it too. 
It is a lie to think that we are not worth beholding!  A big, fat, ugly no-good LIE!  We may be able to pinpoint where that seedling of a lie started, how it germinated and took root or we may not.  I’m here to say it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t matter because no matter how it started, we accepted that lie and are living accordingly.
Well, I’m here to say we have the power to KILL that lie.  When that lie is killed we can feel worthy to accept the good things that are just waiting to come into our lives.  When that lie is killed we can teach others that they are worthy to accept the good things that are just waiting to come for them!
So let’s try something.  The next time you are about to put on your make-up and/or get ready for the day, look at yourself in the mirror for a minute and tell yourself you’re beautiful, not just because you want the good things, not because you want to “psych” yourself out. Do it because it’s true.  Do it until you believe it and then, pass it on.
And that my friends, is our first dailyTLC!  See you next time…….WITH a picture in my profile! 

-Tessa L. Charles
 

No comments:

Post a Comment