Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just The Way You Are


Here we are, a little more than a week into the New Year and if you’ve made some New Year’s resolutions, perhaps some of the determination has waned since day one.  Or perhaps you didn’t get started right away and now you may feel it’s too late.  First, remember it takes 21 days to start a new habit, so if you started on the 1st, you’re more than 1/3 of the way through!  Good for you!!!  You can do it!  Second, if you haven’t started yet, it’s not too late….it’s NEVER too late!

Today I’d like to share something that took place a couple of years back, just a quick little moment of a normal day that has made a big impact on my life.  My oldest son, the one who was in the car the day we were coming home from a conference (refer to previous blog), came home from a run one day.  Now, teenage boys are not known for their sensitivity, and while my boys are probably more thoughtful than most, I really couldn’t help but be surprised and therefore very much treasure this encounter.  Anyway, he told me that on his way home, he heard a new song on the radio called, Just The Way You Are, by a new artist named, Bruno Mars http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjhCEhWiKXk.  He said he believed that song was being sung over me, and then he pulled the song up on YouTube and played it for me.   I tell you, every time I hear that song, I can’t help but get misty eyed.

You too, have a song that is being sung over you, your “signature” song you may say.  If you already know what that song is, take a moment today, put your feet up, close your eyes and just luxuriate in that song, remind yourself who you are and then live accordingly.  If you don’t know what your song is yet, keep your ears open, in the next few days or weeks I know you’ll find it. You’ll recognize it because you’ll probably have a physical reaction to it, and/or it’ll just “speak” to you, for some reason,  setting you free from who you AREN’T.    In the meantime, you may borrow mine and know that you are beautiful, just the way you are!

-Tessa L. Charles

1 comment: