Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ten Years Later

I just finished reading the newest book by Hoda Kotb (Co-Anchor of the Today Show on NBC) called, Ten Years Later  http://www.amazon.com/Ten-Years-Later-Adversity-Transformed/dp/1451656033/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361388090&sr=8-1&keywords=ten+years+later
It is about the real life stories of six people who have overcome incredibly challenging difficulties ranging from illness to the loss of relatives (yes, plural) in 9/11 and how they are surviving and thriving today, ten years later.  As the author herself summarizes, “These people didn’t just fight their way through adversity, they forged better lives because of the battle.  Their journeys are measured in the very small steps that painstakingly result in change and the big, bold leaps of faith that launch dreams.”
That description is the very reason why I wanted to read the book in the first place because I felt it fell in line with what I was trying to accomplish by writing this blog.  My intention was always to include and share the inspiring story of you, the reader, as well as the few lessons I have learned myself.  Each of us has at least ONE inspiring story just waiting to be told, to unite as well as encourage each other.
I found the book to be very inspiring, and at times I literally found myself gasping at the circumstances these normal, everyday people had to endure.  I was very encouraged by their resilience and I admired their tenacity exemplified by their ability to take the necessary steps not only pull themselves out of a tragedy, but to use it to propel them forward
Tonight, if you find yourself in or near the Walnut, CA area, I’d like to invite you to join a women’s small group wherein we will be reviewing another book called, Lies Women Believe and the Truth That Sets Them Free by Nancy Leigh DeMoss. This will be our first meeting and we will be meeting every other Wed. from 8 pm to 9 pm.  It may even be possible for you to Skype in if you’re not in the area.  It gives us another opportunity to use our experiences for the encouragement of each other.
For details or if you’d like to share an inspiring story of your own (and you’re finding you can’t comment on the blog itself because you don’t have a Google account), you can email me at dailytlc@gmail.com. Looking forward to your inspiring story!

-Tessa L. Charles

No comments:

Post a Comment